Friday, July 21, 2017

CDS students reflect on Why They Remember

I remember… I had two family members in the war. One was a nurse and one flew on a spotter in a bomber plane. My...

Trick or Treaters look to end hunger

MILFORD: Ghosts and Ghouls throughout East Hants won't be causing terror this Halloween, instead, many will be making a difference for those in need. Many...

Trans Canada Trail leg officially opens in East Hants

MILFORD: Although the docks were underwater following the remnants of Hurricane Matthew, excitement was still high on the morning of Oct. 12 as the...

Pilot program provides unique twist for participants

LANTZ: A free pilot program starting Oct. 21 aims to provide upwards of 12 minor hockey goaltenders with ice time, but with a unique...
Enfield-news

More than two tonnes of garbage removed in Mount Uniacke

MOUNT UNIACKE: Approximately 2.75 tonnes of garbage was picked up on along the 12 kilometre stretch of Highway 1 running from Mount Uniacke to...

Cameron publishes third children’s book

illustrator Stacy Veno EAST HANTS: Family traditions around the holidays don’t have to exclude the four-legged members of the family. And for Shanda Cameron, a long-standing...

New Districts and new faces for East Hants

EAST HANTS: There will be quite a few changes in Municipality of East Hants Chambers. Although there were previous acclamation's in five districts, Cecil Dixon,...

Unoffical results for East Hants Council released

ELECTION RESULTS 2016 The unofficial 2016 East Hants Municipal election results are listed below. The official results will be provided Tuesday, October 18, 2016.   District 1 Cecil...

Knockwood honoured with Order of Nova Scotia

Freeman Douglas Knockwood ONS, DHum (Hon). Elder Knockwood embodies the spirit of resilience. He had a loving father who fought and succeeded in liberating him...

Parents advocating for replacement of HERH

MILFORD: “Where to begin?”, was the response from Michele Brake, a parent of Hants East Rural High School, when asked by The Weekly Press...